Monday (April 22) is Earth Day. Here’s how choosing Pro Waste Inc. helps the environment, and what else we can do to help protect our depleting planet.
Earth Day should be every day. In 2019, EarthDay.org is focusing on “Protect Our Species”. Why?
Nature’s gifts to our planet are the millions of species that we know and love, and many more that remain to be discovered. Unfortunately, human beings have irrevocably upset the balance of nature and, as a result, the world is facing the greatest rate of extinction since we lost the dinosaurs more than 60 million years ago. But unlike the fate of the dinosaurs, the rapid extinction of species in our world today is the result of human activity.
Pro Waste Inc has always been a firm believer in protecting the planet, which is why we take extra measures to help preserve our only home:
- With our junk removal services, items that can be recycled will be taken to the appropriate, local recycling center. Items that can be used or refurbished by local charities are donated, and the remaining items will be taken to the nearest landfill and disposed of properly.
- We don’t take chemical, biological or anything hazardous in nature.
- Portable toilets do their part when it comes to water conservation. In fact, portable restrooms save 125 million gallons of fresh water each day, or 45 billion gallons each year.
Earth Day Network is asking people to join their Protect our Species campaign. Their goals are to:
- Educate and raise awareness about the accelerating rate of extinction of millions of species and the causes and consequences of this phenomenon.
- Achieve major policy victories that protect broad groups of species as well as individual species and their habitats.
- Build and activate a global movement that embraces nature and its values.
- Encourage individual actions such as adopting plant based diet and stopping pesticide and herbicide use.
Find out more on Earth Day and how you can help here.
If you’re looking for junk removal services, dumpster rentals or portable toilets, contact a member of our customer care team here.